Friday 4 April 2008

Fab Friday #3

Gosh, is it only the third week.....seems like I've been doing this for ages.

Well, this week I'm cheating a little, I'm pinching a challenge I did as part of the Club, but I liked it so much thought I would do it here as well.

The theme is: Recycle
You can use anything, as long as it is recylced - from bean can labels to shells. Some of the cards that passed through my grubby fingers when I ran this in the club were fantastic, and so creative.

I have used old newpapers and a magazine cutting. I love this technique, and it was the first time I'd had a play (I got the idea from Bernie Berlin's fantastic book Artist Trading Card Workshop - see her brilliant blog for order details). I stuck old newspaper print to a pre-cut ATC, then cut out a picture from the Sky magazine (knew it would come in handy). I covered the full card with a layer of white gesso, allowing some places to be lighter than others. When dry I painted over the image of my lady, changing the image almost completely (she didn't start out quite as goofy!). I then colour tinted the rest of the card with red and brown inks and stamped randomly using Staz on. The words "Little Dreams" where then cut from the paper and added using a good clear drying glue. Really enjoyed doing this card, such good fun.


9 comments:

Shazza said...

this is lovely Leonie, I must try and fit this challenge in this weekend

Bernie Berlin said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog:)
Your work is beautiful and I am so glad you enjoyed my book. As for the animals they are a true blessing and I am very very lucky to be doing the work I am with them..
Will visit again soon!!!
Bernie Berlin

daisy said...

Here is mine for this week's challenge. Something a bit different.

Be Inspired by Art

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Hi Leonie, Found your blog through the facebook ATC group. Love your ATCs! I also have recently purchased Bernie's book and am really enjoying it. I've recently done this one with ideas from the book. I'll have a think about your recycled theme and post back here.

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Sorry if the link didn't work Leonie, this is the ACT I was talking about
http://tiggyhedge.blogspot.com/2008/03/beauty-atc.html
It uses the baby wipe background technique from the book. Thanks for visiting my blog. - Shelley

made by fifi said...

hi leonie

i have managed to do your challenge this week (last weeks was too difficult for my poor little brain!)

mine is on my blog :o)

http://madebyfifi.blogspot.com/

sharon said...

Love your ATC!
Here is mine!
Must have been on your wavelength Leonie, as I recycled for last weeks small thing of greatness challenge and have been saving lots of things from the bin this week!
Love Sharon
x

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Here is my recycled ATCs thanks for the challenge

http://tiggyhedge.blogspot.com/2008/04/think-monday-middle-ages-atc.html

Carolyn said...

Hope I'm not to late to join in but I've just set up my blog so I can start to take part in your challenges.

Here's my link. I hope it works http://carolyndraper.blogspot.com/

and thanks Leonie for taking the time to set the challenges.