Saturday 10 December 2011

Great ormond street hospital

Last week we had the wonderful privilege of visiting great ormond street hospital, and having just a quick look at the brilliant work they do, as well as meeting just a few of the kids.

I'll be honest, I wasn't feeling my best after the shocking news about Sarah, so I was worried id let the side down and end up being an emotional mess - but great ormond street had the opposite effect. It was wonderful to see such a clean and vibrant hospital. To know there is somewhere for the most complex cases, for those children and of course, their families to go for help and support. Obviously we only had a short time, so saw only a little of the hospital, but what we did see was uplifting. Their work and dedication is amazing.

Our fundraising campaign has started with our Christmas single, with lots more ways to help raise money to be announced. We launch the event on Sunday night and continue through Monday, so please tune in. Great ormond street are trying to raise money for a neurosensory laboratory. This will concentrate on studying pain, the effects of pain killers and trying to find ways to lessen pain and therefore reducing the suffering of children. The results of these studies will be a benefit to children worldwide.

The hospital still has old parts which need investment and modernisation, so fundraising will always be a part of the life of great ormond street, but this will be done with enthusiasm by all those touched by the hospital and it's work. Thank you to everyone who supports our campaign and more importantly, great ormond street. I wanted to stay crafting with the kids all day - they made our day an absolute pleasure.

I hope it won't be my first and last visit, but I know it'll be the start of more fundraising! Watch this space....!

2 comments:

liz kendal-wood said...

you will do a brilliant job for the hospital I know.I really do like to see you on the crafting programmes you tell it how it is and you are so down to earth keep up the good work gal.
liz kw

Kamilicrafts said...

I was thrilled to see the GOSH fundraiser as my daughter was a patient all her life until she got too old which was a very sad day but we still raise funds for them and support them every chance we get, well done C&C!