Thursday 28 February 2013

Zentangle

Funny isn't it, you may have been doing something for years, and it was just yours - then someone comes along and tells you it has a name and is a "thing". It is an entity.

That's what happened with my own doodles, I found out that my mere doodles were actually zentangles. I'll be honest, at first I was rather reluctant to take on this new title for my doodles, and didn't want to learn patterns...and then I had a go. Hooked. Yep I love it. And it is absorbing, relaxing and of course additive. Even my boyfriend had a go (after his famous sonic drawing, obviously).

If you haven't tried it yet, turn your doodle into a zentangle. It's good fun.

Top two photos are my boyfriends, I think they're brill. The last is mine.





8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Leonie these are fantastic. I'm a doddler, not as good as you, but I never knew it had a name until recently. xx

Pat Taylor said...

Wow Leonie these are fabulous! You are both brilliant artists! Take care now xxx

Di said...

Lovely leonie. I just can't get to grips with Zentangling, but MUST have a better go after seeing yours. thanks for the inspiration

granny sue said...

Oh Leonie these are fab. Waiting for my book to arrive and the decorating to get finished and then intend trying this out for myself. If mine turn out a fraction as good as yours I will be well pleased.

Debrafide said...

Hello Leonie - I love to doodle and draw and after seeing these pictures I am inspired and may have to check out zentangling, also it would be great to have your picture of the face as a print on a t-shirt. StayCreative Debs*

Chrissie Roberts said...

These are great Leonie just love that hair! My son does sonic a lot too :)

ginny c said...

WOW you and your boyfriend are both very talented

Unknown said...

Very nice.
sad that someone in the USA took the doodle, gave it a name and then copyrighted it - now, if you use the "Z" word they could either sue you or take your design and say it's theirs.
think I'll stick to doodle!!! :)