Monday 14 March 2016

Promo day and nature pics

My job is unusual.


Good unusual....it's not every day you are requested to go to bed and chill out as part of your working day. 

That's got to be a good day by anyone's standards. 


I'm now covered in glue getting ready for Wednesday's show. Unfortunately my prep time has been reduced to 6 hours!! Eeekk....I think I'm already close to that and I've not actually finished one sample....but the paints I have picked are beautiful. So thick and rich. And the stencils :) joy.

As I've no crafty make to share with you yet, instead I'll share the photos we have been popping on fb. For those of you who don't use Facebook, there's a little challenge being passed around, where people have to share a photo of nature, each day for 7 days. I was nominated by the lovely Natasha, she knows I'm out walking my dogs every day. And I've been known to be late for work just because I've seen a kingfisher - so it's safe to say I'm a nature enthusiast.

So far, I've collected these:


Peterborough flooded again, but beautiful in a strange light and a misty morning. No filter.

Haha, this is my weird one. Mud. Crafters will get this...probably. I love the way it moves when disturbed :)


This is an oldish one - but a slight obsession of mine. I love the way grasses glow in the sun. 

And today:

A blue sky and a white blossom.

Life's too short for shoe gazing....
sometimes we worry so much about the next step we are going to take, we forget to look up and just get lost in the clouds :)

Xx



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great nature pics x

karenlotty said...

Lovely pics Made a note of your schedule

hollyberry said...

Beautiful pictures,mind you wouldn't expect anything else from you!
Like your words of wisdom at the end,are they your own or a quote from someone??
Anyway so true of me and I would like to "borrow" them if I may?

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi Leonie.
Thank you the photos are lovely.
We love cloud watching to, The sky is fascinating.
so are creepy crawly's
Take care and have fun Kitty.

carol edwards said...

Lovely soulful pictures Leoni. I really love the shoe grazing sentiment and words. That's so me and i will try to remember these wise words. Thanks x

nancyd said...

Hi Leonie, fab. pictures I'm terrible never take photos.
Nancyd xx

lilian said...


Hi Leonie, lovely pictures, I'm loving your shows, especially the one with Sheena.
Keep up the good work, Hochanda is getting better by the day, great work.
Best Wishes Lilian in Cornwall

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful pictures Leonie, I love the countryside,
Hugs Julie xxx

trent999 said...

Loving the photo challenge, The pictures are super. Great to see them.

Anne said...

I can see the "mud" photo being used as inspiration for one of your art works, Leonie. Lovely photos.

Anne (Northampton)

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Leonie, Very atmospheric piccies.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous pics, love the grasses in the sunlight, some so serene about this. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Ann said...



Hi Leonie

Fabulous pics We miss so much sometimes rushing here and there and not stopping

to stare.

Luv your job relaxing in bed but where is the chocolate and a hot cuppa????? he he:-)

Hugs Annxx

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Leonie especially like the last one. Jackie xx

Linda Simpson said...

Wonderful photographs Leonie, isn't nature wonderful?
Hugs
Linda xxx