Monday 30 January 2017

Easy backgrounds - Indigo Blu

What else did I get up to for my last show....wellllll....Lets get out the gilding flakes!

I "inked" my stamp up using the flitter glue, which I immediately cleaned off my stamp.  The glue stays sticky, so there's no panic about getting the flakes on in a rush.  I actually dusted a little pink mica over the stamped image first - not much, just enough to give the variation between the mica, and the flakes.  So, after dusting the mica, take the flakes and rub them into the glue, removing the excess with the texture sponge.


I used distress ink to add more colour, and texture, to my paper, overlaying the images so they blend together.


On the same decorative paper, I stamped my sentiment, which I simply cut out


I then inked round the edge of my paper, and the wording, and glued my sentiment in place.  I also mat and layered my paper in place.  


I added some of the thick slap it on over the sentiment - this will dry clear, so will look like a textured glaze

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Another fantastic piece. I love those stencils. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

BridgetCG said...

Hi Leonie, I love your artwork, a great piece. Bx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Leonie, This looks fabulous !! I absolutely love the 'bubbles' stamp and your use of stencils, this technique will be fantastic on our patterned papers that we are not too keen on.
Lots of love from Patricia xx