Sunday 9 September 2018

Staithes art festival

Morning.

I did pretty rubbish at the daily blog post didn’t I!! I have excuses... I was ILL. Only a cold, but mother did it floor me. I suppose it’s because I’ve been run down, so it sneaked in. I think I’ve avoided a chest infection....fingers crossed!! So maybe trotting off up to Staithes wasn’t a great idea....but it seemed like the best medicine I could think of. Art. Good company. Beautiful scenery. Good energy. It’s the best way to mend.

The lovely Carolyn opened up her house to us, and we descended with paints, stamps, inks and goodness!! And within hours the house was unrecognisable. 

Myself, Lou, Kaye, Emma, the two Tamara’s and Carolyn chatted and crafted, then on Saturday trotted into Staithes for the festival. It’s utterly stunning. Beautiful little town. I love the quirky little alleys, the mix of architecture, and of course the wonderful views. Even better, a lot of the houses have been taken over by artists, so you can nosey inside the houses at the same time as looking at art!! Perfect combo.

There’s so much incredible art on display, it’s fantastic to see so much talent.

I better stop waffling as I can hear through my very muffled ears, the ladies are up and about, but I’ll share some pics.

Take care xxxx
















11 comments:

Dawn Sirdefield said...

It looks stunning Leonie. Looks like you all had fun crafting and exploring. Glad you are feeling better now sweetie. Xxxx

David Kirk said...

Looks like you're having a great time! Looking sooo much better than Thursday hun!! Take it easy and have fun. xxxx

Jackie Reynolds said...

Glad it did you good. Could do with some of that medicine. Looks lovely. Xx

Crafting Queen said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Hope you feel better soon.

Barbiedi said...

Looks fabulous so glad you had a good time xxx

Tigaroodit said...

Looks like good fun! 😁

Unknown said...

Looks amazing, just what you need. Being with the right group of people always helps. Take care of yourself ❤ xx

Unknown said...

Sorry didn't add my name, haven't left a message on a blo before, Terri-Kim Kyte xx

carol edwards said...

Hi Leonie this looks really interesting and a great place to visit. Glad you are on the mend. X

Littlelamb said...

Looks like you are all having a brilliant time. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to meet you and the lovely ladies you were with. Thankyou for all ypur positive feedback on my work. (The needle felt artist) hope you are feeling better 🙂