Today, I hadn't a clue what I wanted to do. I wandered round, waiting for inspiration to take hold, and then found some peel offs. Peel offs used to be huge. When I worked in Dawn's shop, we literally had a long wall covered with peel offs. There was something for every ocassion (however, you could guarantee someone would come in and ask for a left shoe, in green, with a white shoe lace :) ). Putting the tops on every single sheet was soooo time consuming - but this enabled us to hang them up.
However, as with everything, in time, they fell out of favour. When I found this sheet of peel-offs, I thought lets have a play. I was intending to colour them with my alcohol inks - but they are in a safe place - so I colour tinted them with acrylic paint instead. I just dabbed on the paint and then dried it with my gentle heat gun - I was careful as I didn't want to effect the peel off or the adhesive.
I gently peeled the first flower off, and popped it onto a piece of lightweight white card
One of the peel offs was just the outline of the flower, which allowed me to fill in with the "waste" of the flower
I used the paint to colour the petals in - watering it down so the peel off stands out. I'll admit, I only did this as I'd got paint everywhere so needed to cover it up :)
I then decided to do a bit of doodling in the open space. I used a drawing pen, and had a play
I then decided to doodle on the larger flower as well, so I can layer the flowers up
When I was happy with the flower I cut it out. As you can see the white of the card shows around the edges, so I used the paint to go round the edges so they blend in
I then decided I needed a doodle for the flowers to sit on. I had to do quite a quick doodle, because otherwise I would have been happily doodling all night! I added a flower stem, and a swirly leaf
I added my flower to make sure the composition looks okay. But look at that mucky card! I managed to get paint everywhere...next, how to cover it up
I took the end of my pencil, and dabbed it in the paint, and added dots on the card to cover my splodges. I then framed the card with a squiggly line. I love this, as you don't have to be artistic, or even have a straight line. Dots and dashes make all the difference.
I added some circles, and also the Happy Day, coming off the stem
Again, I popped the card together, to see how it looks. I decided the bottom was to long after the stem, so trimmed a little off, and added my line back in.
To complete my card, I simply mat and layered it. I added another line around the white card, with a few more squiggles for good luck
Yesterday I forgot to take a photo of the paper roses I made - here they are. Look okay don't they, considering they are just brown paper :)