First, I need to thank everyone for getting involved in the challenge, yet again. I love reading your idea's - there are some absolute crackers. But there can only be one winner, and this week it's Sheila Joss. Well done Sheila. And get this for a strange challenge:
haha. Love it. The cool thing about this challenge, it makes me do a little research and try something different. So, I googled crafting with eggs. Many moons ago I had a go at blowing the eggs and decorating them. Quite liked it actually, but crafting has taken a different turn. Mosaic using egg shell. And the results look cool. I'm going to have a go, but I need to soak the shells over night - I've had scrambled egg for dinner (thank you Sheila), and the shells are soaking, as I need to remove the membrane otherwise the adhesive doesn't take as well.
I'm really looking forward to having a go with that tomorrow - fingers crossed they don't disintegrate over night.
Whilst my eggs are soaking, I decided to have a play with the Gelli plate. As this is still relatively new to me, I thought I would share my journey with you - and show you the rubbish efforts, as well as the okay ones.
This was the first one I remembered to photo. I applied the paint to the GP, and then used a leaf, which I brayered on, to leave the print.
I enjoy the experimenting process, and find I was getting rubbish prints initially, until I got the hang of it. And I still kept quite conservative. Here I've applied orange
Then green. The green paint has gone a little strange, and watery, but I thought I'd see what it did. I applied the leaf again, a few times on the GP
The definition is distorted - but I do put this down to the watery consistency of the paint
Next I applied the orange and green, and popped my stencil into the paint, to lift off the paint
I like this one
I then brayered paint onto a stamp, which I stamped onto the GP
It's quite subtle. I think a stronger colour would have looked good
Next I brayered over the top of a stencil, then removed the stencil. It leaves a great print, so I popped the card back on the GP, and you can see the double circle from the stencil
I applied paint to the stencil, and then transfered this to the GP. I popped my printed card on top. Like this one
For this one, I lifted the paint off with the stencil again, and got quite a nice print,
I then added a block of colour with my brayer, and colour which I picked up with another stencil
I printed this over my original image.
Okay, I decided to change colour, and applied these directly to the GP
I popped my Clarity mask over the top
Resulting in a very dramatic print
I like the paint left on the GP, so I decided to take a print of that as well
There was still paint on the mask, so I popped it back onto the GP and brayered it to transfer the paint
I put my original print back on the plate, and picked up the excess paint. I was really pleased that I had managed to line it up almost perfectly!
And then I went and ruined it!! I added a very strong blue
I had taken a second print, so I decided to ruin that one as well! I added more of the strong blue, but this time with the cirle print
And transferred this to my lovely original - and then popped it in the bin :)
Oh no, wait, not before I added even more of the horrendous blue!!
Yep - this is the point it got binned. If you're going to ruin something, you may as well do it properly
I didn't learn. Here's the blue again!
I still tried. I popped the stencil on the GP
And brayered a lighter blue over the top
I removed the mask
And then attempted to rescue the horrid print. mmmm
However, the blue on it's own looks lovely (phew). This is the first print
And this is the print using the residue left on the GP
I brayered colour through the circle mask
And printed again. Like this one.
I applied more colour, and brayered through the circle mask again
And did a print on the second piece.
There was loads of paint, and the print left on the brayer, can't waste this
So I brayered onto the GP
And took a print
I added more paint, and made some circles
Which I over printed.
Change colour again. I like this vibrant mix. I used the lid off some bottle to add circles this time
And then brayered through a mask
This is quite a strong print.
Again I had the paint and print on my brayer which can be transferred again
I decided to knock the colour back a little, so applied a lighter shade, which I covered with the mask. This time I left the mask in place and printed
This is the paint left on the GP, which of course needs printing
It has gone a little muddy - but I do like the print
I added more paint. I didn't try to get a smooth surface, as this in itself will create visual interest
I brayered paint onto my stamp, and stamped onto the GP
When I printed the trees look really subtle. I like this one a lot
Next, I applied paint onto the GP, and then popped my acrylic block onto the GP, to pick some of the paint up
Quite like this. Not sure about the colours though
I brayered paint onto the acrylic block, and transferred this onto the GP
I then over printed onto one of the earlier pieces. Like it!
And then...I ran out of time and realised I was really late!!
I hope you join me tomorrow to see what becomes of the poor little egg.