She realised Caz was home, and just scrambled onto the settee, on all over her!! This photo is mid yawn, but she looks like she's singing.
Anyway, craft. Today, I just noticed a couple of papers and some die cut flowers from an old Craftwork Cards kit
You see the mask printed on the paper. I decided to fussy cut this out, and then took a quickie glue pen and followed the line of the mask, which I then covered in fine cut glitter
I then took a skewer and trimmed the top off, and made a slit in the wood with a craft knife. I coated the stick with gold gilding wax
I then threaded two pieces of metallic cord and twisted them round the stick. I did add a bit of glue to make sure they didn't slip
Now I had a play with the layout. I decided to use this paper with the feather on, but when I looked at the feather and decided to fussy cut that as well (glutton for punishment)
I glued this onto my card. And then reaslied I didn't want to do that at all! I wanted to put a piece of paper under the feather, so I eased it up gently and added my paper underneath
You will see the paper I picked has a lovely border around the top and side, but I had to chop off the bottom so it would fit on the card
Thought I would, at this point, show you the ridiculous space I am working in!! Ridiculous
I then took the piece of paper which I had trimmed off, and fussy cut the edge from it
I glued this to the base of the paper - oww I did actually edge all the pieces of paper before I glued them down, with a blue ink pad. I also used this ink pad to add a little colour to the end of each flower petal. I didn't glue down all the feather down, so you can see the fussy cutting (which you will be able to see in the shadow).
I popped the pieces on to see how it all looked
And then begun to glue everything in place. I added some really pretty acrylic flowers from - I'm having a name blank as I write. I'll try and come back to that one!! Got it!! Anyway, I glued the flowers so the top one just sits slightly under some of the parts of the feather
I curved the mask and then glued it in place, together with the decorated stick. The sentiment was a stamp from The Dreamees, which I stamped using the same ink used around the edge of the papers. I'm really happy with this, I think the mask looks beautiful. I added a little more of the metallic cord, which I glued just under the edge of the mask, and allowed to fall onto the card.