Had the haircut today. Now need to sort the nails. Oh good grief. The nails. Currently they look like I've been digging for potatoes....
Tonight, I had to carry on playing with egg shells. Who knew that would become an addiction. I wanted to play with different paints to see the effects.
I found 2 MDF pieces, one I painted black, the other I left, and started covering with the egg shell (please refer to yesterdays post for instructions how):
The first one I coated with Mod Podge to glaze and seal it, to see if this would make a difference
I then used stunning paints from Crafty Notions. I needed the smallest touch of paint to get this incredible lustre
The second piece, I used Pebeo gilding wax. I found the results were better if I dabbed them on as opposed to rubbing them on
I then decided to see what would happen if I added embossing powder. I inked the tile up with Versamark, and then covered with clear Ultra thick embossing powder, and melted with my heat gun
I added 2 layers of the clear embossing powder, and then got a lovely blue powder ready. When I was melting my 3rd clear layer, I sprinkled the blue. I did this whilst the clear layer was hot and molten - this results in the blue powder beginning to melt on contact. I still had to give it a blast with the heat gun to make sure it was thoroughly melted
I then added a little red, and a little green. Add the embossing powder as though you are spinkling a little salt - this allows you to layer the colours and stop when you are happy.
The first tile has been drying. I then applied a lovely rub on, which adhered beautifully
Doesn't it look good. Yep, wish I'd left it there. But no, I have to carry on. I wanted to add glaze, so I decided to try the StazOn GlazOn. However, the bottle was playing up, and wouldn't flow properly, and when I did manage to make it come out - it was full of air bubbles. It looked a mess, so I had to sponge it all off :(
You can see the texture sponging the glaz off has created. It also pulled off some of the paint, annoyingly
I added a little more paint, and removed any excess that covered the rub on. I then added a thick layer of Glossy Accents.
This is a photo of the embossed piece. I'm going to leave it as is, and then whoever wins the pieces will be able to decide what they would like to do with it
I love the colours of the embossing powder
I edged the piece with gold gilding wax, which finishes it off beautifully
The other tag is now waiting to dry. I managed to add a little gem just in the centre of the flower
You can see the depth of the glossy accents
I'm looking foward to seeing how it dries. Lets hope I've put it out of the dogs path!!