The last challenge (for now, but I have enjoyed them, so I'm sure I'll chuck a few in here and there). The winner this week was Patricia Howarth. Congratulations Patricia, if you email me with your address I will get your card sent out for you (eventually, I'm a little behind with my posting). My email address is: email@example.com.
Patricia challenged me to use:
vellum or parchment
After a little while, I'm afraid I had to give up the search for my distress pens - so I replaced them with distress inks. To be honest, I probably would have used the pens in the same way, as some ink can be too wet on vellum causing it to stretch and bubble.
Okay, here's what I did:
I found some nice old vellum which I've had for ages, and love!!
I used a script stamp, and my Glitter and Glue adhesive from Cosmic Shimmer, which I added to the stamp. I stamped onto the vellum you may just be able to see faint writing on the vellum left by the glue
I then applied my gilding flakes
Remove the excess flakes with a brush, and look how stunning they shine
I ripped the vellum at an angle
I then used a lovely stampendous stamp, and embossed it with gold embossing powder, onto another piece of decorative vellum
I used my distress ink directly onto my craft sheet
Using an old, dry babywipe wrapped round a paper stump, I worked the ink into the stamped image. Do this at the back of the stamped image for a subtle coloured finish
When you turn it over, the colour will be nice and soft, and you will get the shine from the embossing
I placed it onto my gilded vellum, and love the way the gilding can be seen through the stamped image, however, I feel the flowers need to stand out a little
In order to do this, I stamped the image again, but this time onto a piece of cream card, and cut out the main little flowers
When you place the image behind the vellum, it does accentuate the flowers - I like this technique as it's just pinpointing a specific image
I worked out where my flowers where going to be in order to then stamp onto the card, and cover with the gilding flakes
Sticking the vellum down is always tricky, so I put the glue directly onto the card
and then rubbed it into the card
This is a perfect way to stick the vellum down without seeing loads of glue. I positioned the flowers precisely where I needed them
I then added my flowers on top. Again, the glue can be tricky, but I added it just around the edge under the embossing. I mat and layered everything....
And as usual, fell out with it! So, I trimmed everything down, and popped it on some black card, which I think makes it stand out much better
The final piece, you can see how the gold shows beautifully through the vellum
Nice isn't it.
That's it! The final blog post. The next one will be finally letting you know where I'm going to turn up!!
I hope you will join me tomorrow :)