Anyway, this evening I'm back to the inky fingers. I started with a really old embellishment from the QVC days. I have so many kits from the QVC days. We did have some good stuff. And they had the BEST staff shop. It was seriously amazing. I used to get some fantastic craft bargains. C&C didn't do that I'm afraid. Ahhh, QVC. Their restaurant was amazing as well..... anyway, craft.
The beginning...metal embellishments that were adhesive (they're old, and the stick has gone). And also a beautiful Graphic 45 pad. I treasure these pads, this one is called Kraft Reflections. When I had my web site it was the perfect excuse to buy the pads, one for me, one for the web site!!
I also brought some flowers into the mix, and a MDF tag and hearts
First of all, I started playing with layout idea's, to see if I needed anything else:
I find taking photo's of the layouts helps me to decide what to finally go for. If I don't photograph them, but the time I'm on the third, there's no way I can remember what the first looked like. This way I can see all the idea's. The beauty of technology :) I inked the craft card with black distress ink, this doesn't have to be neat as I am covering it up:
I then added gesso to the MDF tag. I sponged it on, and left it uneven and textured - as this will show through when I apply the ink:
Something I am addicted to is Pebeo gilding wax. It's so creamy, and gives a fantastic finish. You need a tiny amount - as it's easy to get carried away and ruin your piece. I brushed it lightly over the top of my tag with my finger. I didn't apply any pressure, just literally skimmed over the gesso.
Look at the sheen. Lush. I then got carried away. The piece of paper I had cut down and inked with broken china distress ink, I scrunched up, ran the ink pad over the top, and then HAD to add gilding wax. I attempted to keep it subtle!
Next, play with the arrangement again - and I added a tiny bit of gesso to the edge of my sentiment card, so it would stand out from the background paper
I painted the heart with gesso, and repeated the ink technique, with the blue covering the heart, and black just around the edges. I managed to stay away from the gilding wax with the hearts. The flowers weren't as lucky. They got gilded.
I'm happy, so I threaded ribbon through my tag, and glued everything down:
Phew, another one done. Owww, tomorrow could be tricky...I'll tell you why - tomorrow :)