Hooray, day 2 of the countdown, and I've done a post (it would have been bad if I hadn't got to day 2 wouldn't it!).
However, my obsession with Angelina fibres has continued. Once I get started with them, I don't seem to be able to stop. And why should I stop, they are fabulous to play with.
I decided to continue with the technique I showed yesterday, when I made the free standing cone. This time I dug out a battery operated string of tiny LED lights. These are already pretty, but I made tiny Angelina cones to fit over each LED light. I punched two holes in the top of each cone using a hole punch, to thread the wire and lights through each cone. A twist of the wire at the top of the cone, holds each one in place. I've had them on a few hours now, and they are perfect:
Angelina fibres only bond to each other, so that means you can "trap" other things in them. Experiment with this, as it really can change the look of your finished piece. I created quite a thick sheet of fibres and trapped some silver metal flakes, and some white snow flakes:
Sandwich in between greaseproof paper and iron both sides.
I actually over ironed mine, on purpose of course (!!), you will hopefully see from the photo, the part that isn't burnt shines more than the part that has been over-heated. However, I still liked the result, so still used it:
I created a thicker sheet as I wanted to die cut the fibres. If they are fine, a regular die will have trouble cutting them. The thicker sheet cuts well, but I did add a shim. I used a lovely die from the Sue Wilson collection, it's the poinsettia collection. I used the full die set with the angelina fibres, and then with the frame dies I just cut plain white card stock.
Glue them together, and then I popped a brad through the center. My brads are so old! These are from a kit I used to have when I worked at QVC. This is why us crafters don't chuck anything decent away, stuff always comes in handy.
Cut your ATC card to size, I used red card, then a smaller piece of white card, which I embossed and added a touch of gilding wax. Glue the poinsettia in place, and then add a little Christmas message.
To finish, I added a little glitter glue.