So, the challenge was you had to select 3 products for me to use - and the winner was "C". If you are reading this please email me your address as you are the winner of the finished piece, I hope you like it.
C choose embossing paste, stamp and natural twine. Funnily enough, I have all these things in my stash. So, these are the goodies I choose to work with:
The stamps are from Paperartsy, and really cool designs. I've used a Crafters Workshop stencil (one of my favourite companies), and then embossing paste from Dreamweaver.
I also choose to use paints to create my background. I'm using Paperartsy chalk paints. I like their consistency, and also the ability to layer with them.
I created a really loose background. I popped a block of each colour to form a square, and then layered a little of each colour over the top. I used a sponge, and didn't worry about attempting to be neat and tidy. I like doing backgrounds like this, as you always get an interesting finish when you over stamp.
I used the background stamp first, twice, to great a base
I then stamped my first flower. I made a mask out of scrap paper, and added glue to the back. I used a quickie glue pen, as when the glue goes clear it remains tacky, but is repositionable. The mask will allow you to over stamp - which looks like this
You can see I've stamped the next flowers on the white paper, and then when I remove the paper:
You see the flowers just sitting behind the first flower
I added some grasses, all using black momento ink
Then to use the texture paste. I used my mask, which I stuck down with masking tape. I didn't have proper low tack tape, so only applied a little dodgy masking tape. And then I didn't have a spatula - obviously I do have one somewhere - it'll t! However, I just used a lolly pop stick, which was fine. I wasn't attempting to get a smooth perfect finish anyway, so it did the job perfectly.
I blasted the embossing paste dry with my heat gun, you can see the shine from this photo. It looks lovely.
I cut my card base down. I haven't mentioned, but I am using mount board, as I wanted a heavy card to withstand the paint and paste - and just in case I changed my mind and started adding lots more paint! I then wrapped my string around the edge.
I found some burlap, and frayed the edges, to give it more texture. I added a little paint onto the edges, and then glued it down under the string.
Next, I used a scrap of the mount board which I painted a background using the same paints. I dried it with a blast from the heat gun, and then stamped my sentiment onto the card. I cut it down and matted it onto a piece of black card
Finished. I added glossy accents to some of the words on the sentiment. I went over my stamp designs with my drawing pen, to emphasis the images. I'm really happy with it