These are from a CD which I printed off ages ago. I think it was when I was doing a class for Crafters Companion. I like working with CD's, just because everything is there at a click of a button. I'm not generally a fan of doing decoupage, as I'm not really into cutting out - but I really like this image, so decided to have a little go.
I cut out the different decoupage elements to begin with. I had printed these on card, so they are nice and substantial, and can be shaped if needed
I wanted to put my own spin on it, so I opened up the little window on the top layer
I then just took a bit of ink and coloured in the edges of the doors, so the white of the card wasn't really noticable
I then layered up the decoupage, using 3D foam
I then dug out some rub ons. I really like these, they are a good size, and rub ons give that almost stamped look to your project. And they go on a number of different surfaces...
....like vellum. I popped the sentiment near the end of the piece of vellum. I wanted a longer length at the left hand side, as I needed to hide the adhesive (with it being vellum, you can generally see any adhesive you use) - so pre-planned how I was going to attach it to the card
I cut the right end to form a tail
And the left side I cut into a point so it would fit through the window. Now, I planned where I was going to fit my banner - but not how! So when I came to feed it through the window, I hit the 3D foam. I gently peeled the top layer of decoupage back up, and slotted the vellum under the 3D foam, which held it securely in place. I curled the vellum a little, to give it a flowing movement.
You will see I popped the other message at the top of the card, and then got utterly carried away with my glitter. It was in the sky, and on the top of the roof tops.
Finally I coloured the little hearts in the door red, so they stand out. I'm really happy with this pretty little card :)