So, I have 51 days left. That sounds like ages, but the days fly by so quickly, and the to-do list doesn't seem to go down. Time management was never my strong point. However, I have managed to do a blog post, so that's good going I think.
Today, I used Hobby Art Stamps again. My mum said, "ow, have you used a little house stamp". Yep mum, they're your stamps. Haha.
The stamps are called Poppy Scene-it CS044D - just in case you definitely need them (you do, they're lovely).
I started by stamping the two largest poppy stamps on a piece of plain white card, with a large space in between. My plan is, these stamps will form a frame, so therefore they need to be the largest image, as they will be the most prominent.
I then cut out an aperture, cutting around part of the stamped images
Next I needed to stamp the layer which will sit behind this frame. I had to calculate where I needed the stamped images to sit. I used the acetate sheet to help me figure out where the image will look good, and then I added a pencil mark to remind me where I'm going to stamp
To also help me decided where I'm going to stamp, I'll keep the frame in situ, and then hover the stamp over the image, so see if it looks good. Then I whip the frame away and hope I manage to get the stamp in the position I planned!
I then sat the frame over the top, and then cut the aperture out again, along with the poppies
Next is to plan the background. I stamped my lovely little house, with grass, and hills. Then also cut this out
Next are the hill. I didn't just want to repeat the hills, so added some "plain" hills with my drawing pen. Then, you got it, cut out the hills
And now for colour. I put the sun in first. Actually, I made it way to big!! And then after I had to take some of the colour out and put the sky over it
I used water colour pencils. I just scribbled different shades onto the card, and then worked the colours together using a water brush
I used my distress ink on the frame, which I just swiped across the card using the edge of the ink pad. This gives a "wood" effect. I gently blended the ink into the card
I then glued the layers together. I used 3D foam for the top two layers, the bottom layers I just used 3D foam on the edges.
Black card frames my image, and a little glitter gel pen. I also used Glossy Accents on the poppies, just to make them really stand out
I think I like it. However, I may take some of the colour off the hills, and maybe I'll add a little ink on the edges of the leaves to cover up the white. Or, alternatively, I won't faff anymore, as it's already really late, and as a frog, I am now finding it very difficult to type :)