Thursday 19 July 2012

Firefly Roses






For this card I used plain pearl card as my base which I embossed using the firefly embossing folder. I cut my embossed card into 4 squares, which I mat and layered onto co-ordinations card, then bazzil bling, and then another piece of co-ordinations. I love this embossing folder, it's very delicate and elegant. Out of blue scrap paper I made my flowers and leaves. I then used my Distress Markers (Broken China and Peeled Paint), to colour in my sentiment and heart stamp direct onto the stamp (I did them one at a time, so the ink wouldn't dry). The markers are really nice and wet, so you do have some time to actually mix the colours on the stamp and get a great stamped image. Try stamping twice, or even spritzing the stamp with water, this mixes the ink on the stamp beautifully.

The picket fence Distress Marker is fabulous. I used it on the plain uncoated card to add dots - it almost looks like the colour has been bleached out.

I highlighted the dots of the embossed card with Stickles glitter glue, and used this on the edges of the flowers. Use craft glue to apply the flowers and ribbon to the card, and then Pinflair to add the heart, I then used the white enamel accents on the dots on the stamped heart. I love the lace, just a little of this makes a perfect finish.

For more photo's please check out the gallery page of my web site, which is HERE

If you would like any of the bits I have used, just click on the following:

Embossing Folder

Stickles glitter glue

Distress Markers

Lace

Enamel Accents

1 comment:

whyducks said...

Lovely!