Wednesday 5 December 2012

New zealand

I made it!! Didn't get lost, didn't miss any planes. All very stress free actually. Okay, it would have been rather lovely not to be in economy on the 27 hour flight! Talk about sardines. They do cram us in dont they, but it was good food, and I managed to sleep, and we landed early on both flights. My favourite flight was the tiny plane from Auckland to kerikeri. That was brilliant.

I was amazed at the peace and tranquility of the place where Jenny lives. It's beautiful. They are surrounded by little harbours and beaches, and it is so green and lush. Jenny lives in a tiny place called Russell, which many moons ago used to be quite rough - years ago of course. Now it has quaint shops, nice cafes and a brilliant chocolate shop (obviously had to go there pretty soon on arrival!).

We're planning to go and see where the hobbit was filmed (us little uns will fit in rather well there). And have a day in Auckland as well. Otherwise, lots of chatting, a little booze, and hide and colouring in with Juliette!

I hope my codes working on the web site, so anyone wanting to treat yourself and save some cash will be able to get 10% off their order - which I will be sorting upon my return.

Photos are the view from Jenny's house, Jen and me - and a bug!







5 comments:

Louiseruleauthor said...

You lucky girl Miss Leonie, I so wish that I was back there, It's such a beautiful and peaceful country. Enjoy!!

Kathryn said...

Oh wow how fabby x I'm hoping to visit my son in aus this year so I to am not looking forward to the sardine can flights x enjoy lucky lady xx

Carole Z said...

Wow Leonie! I have a cousin in KeriKeri..would you believe it? Have a fab time!! Carole Z X

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous news to hear you have arrived safely. Enjoy your well earned holiday dear friend and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Big Hugs
Linda xxx

Jill said...

Hi Leonie, glad you arrived safely. Have a fab time with your friend and chill out. Jill, Mallorca x