Saturday 28 January 2017

Indigo Blu - Gilding flakes and stunning stamps

Arrgh, my photo's are playing up - sorry, you'll have to view this at an angle!

Okay, so finally I've caught up, and can share a few goodies from this weeks Let Leonie Loose show.  I was using stamps, papers, stencils and gilding flakes, all from Indigo Blu.  First I took one of my papers, and stamped using staz on, and the circle stamp



I filled in the gaps with the edges of the butterfly stamp, which is really cool as it's just texture


Using the Flutter Glue I sponged through the mini mask


And then rubbed my gilding flakes onto my paper, removing the excess with the sponge



Here's another dodgy photo....tilt!  I mixed the mica powder with the thick slap it on, so make a lovely paste.  I used another of my tiny stencils, and slapped some of my paste onto my paper


Using my staz-on, I stamped onto acetate


The acetate is fab to go over your backgroud - play around with where it looks best.  I glued it in place using the thick slap it on, which gave it a little bit of texture as well


Using a scrap of the paper, I stamped one of the sentiment stamps, and tore the paper to just give me the main word.  I used the black ink pad to edge the paper


To finish, I wrapped string round the card, and stapled the string and sentiment in place, and mat and layered my card 




2 comments:

Tracy said...

Fab creation! Really enjoyed the show on Wednesday, I must dig out my gilding flakes again.

Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Leonie, I will need to watch this on catch-up to watch you attach the acetate, I love, love, love, the finished card, positively stunning !!
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx