Thursday 26 January 2017

Little fish, Big fish, Swimming in the water......

Anyone who knows PJ Harvey will recognizs that.....any takers?

In other news....Carabelle stamps again!!  Hooray, I hear you say.  And so you should - these are lovely as well.

I made the background using my Distress spritzers onto watercolour card.  I then stamped the circles over the top using distress ink pad.  The mermaid and fish I stamped using staz-on.  The detail of this image is stunning.  The distress crayons are fab for colouring the image, and great to add tone and texture.



This was a strange choice for me - not usually a stamp I'd go for...but I really really like it.  It's really cool.  I made my background using the distress crayons in my art journal.  I wanted the mermaid to sit in the background and be really subtle, so I stamped using my distress ink.  I also wanted her to be on both sides, so I stamped her onto tissue paper, which I then glued onto my page using decoupage glue. 



The fish was a cool background, made from all the inks, and then dried.  I stamped and embossed my fishy, and cut it out.  I did add some extra elements in - to break up the colours


Finally, a sentiment.  Finishes it off.


Oh...I forgot to share this one.  I created the background with the distress crayons, and just overstamped using the paint daubers.  It's ready to become something!







1 comment:

Tracy said...

"Come back here, give me my daughter." Did you know that song is now 22 years old - can't believe it, actually I refuse to believe it, yes denial that's the better option!

These are both fab, I particularly love how you have made the Mermaid look as if she really could be underwater, it's very ethereal - I think that's the right word!

Only two Carabelle stamps in my collection so far but as I've mentioned before I've decided I need them all -heehee! Just waiting for my Brusho set to arrive so I can go to town with the stamps and colour!

Creative Blessings
Tracy x