Monday 23 September 2013

Home sweet home

Ah, the weekend is over, and what a success. Thank you to everyone who came over and said lovely things. It's so nice to meet the people we are constantly chatting to on the other side of the screen. it really does make our job really special.

Thank you.

I'll 
share another project I was working on. I know a lot of you bought the mdf blanks from c&c on Friday - so it was good to demo stuff we have at work - and get a chance to show you my take on them (and actually have a play - not just look on with envy wanting everything :)).

This one is the little bird house. I painted the base a combination of blue/lilac and greens. Dried it off with my heat gun then stamped using one of the wonderful Wendy vecchi stamps (love em!!). I made a mask for the words and covered them so I could use my dotty mask over the top and apply a layer of texture paste. I was working with the cosmic shimmer pearl gold. I put this aside to dry.

And then worked on the top layer. I painted a layer of light blue. Blast it with the heat gun to dry it off, and then use the plaid mask and apply a layer of clear texture paste. Allow this to dry and then apply a layer of the beautiful blueberry paint (these are the Eco paints). I removed some of the paint from the texture paste to allow the base colour to show through. 

I finished the bird house with a flower, and some extra mdf embellishments. 







3 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Leonie it was a great demo my daughter loved it too. Thanks for all the inspiration. Thanks for Georgina's bird too it is nesting on her shelf Xxx

JJ said...

Hi Leonie,

Loving the bird house and the sentiment is gorgeous. Lovely work.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Hi Leonie. Beautiful bird house and the flower is fantastic.

love Val in Spain x