Friday 16 May 2008

Fab Friday new challenge

Phew, this is a rush. My sister is visiting this weekend and I have to meet her soon. Really excited, we are going to see the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace (it makes me sing everytime - Christopher Robin went down with Alice do you know it?), Madamn Tussards, and the Ice Bar. Good eh!! Anyhow, enough of my babble, this weeks challenge. Now last week was abit quite, so I hope more of you join in. I have been working with fantastic paints from US Artlest. They are beautiful, in fact I picked the kit to go on QVC (not made many selections so it's quite exciting). I like the technique where you use your peel-off as a mask and paint over it, I've seen this technique done many times, but still love it. So I thought I would make an ATC. I didn't use the full peel-off image, and mixed a few different colours together to get a striking effect. I added a little glossy accents to half of the image, and threaded wire to add extra dimension. I hope you like it. Then I had to come up with a title for the challenge, I wanted it to be shadows, but thought that may be a bit tricky, so instead it's
Masking
Now, this is because I've used a mask peel-off image, and masked out an area from the paint, so a double reason. You can go for either, use georgeous mask images, or play around with the masking technique using your peel-offs, stamps whatever you fancy. I hope this one inspires you, and I hope the photo is a bit better this week!


Have fun gang.
xxx
Leonie

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Leonie 'Here's one I prepared earlier!' You might just recognise this...
http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL927/2166870/11908881/317548623.jpg

AngelaC said...

I've made two! They can be found here:

myblog

sharon said...

Thanks for demonstrating this technique this afternoon! - although they didn't give you long!
Here's my mask.
Love Sharon
xx
mask