Friday 11 December 2015

67 days to go!!! Crafty countdown

Another day down folks...it goes so quick when you're keeping your eye on it! It's a bit scary. Exciting though, I've already got my first kit being delivered next week!! THATS exciting.

Okay, so I looked round my craft again and saw a die cut image, that was my starting point. We all have die cuts knocking about that we haven't used - I have loads!!

I took a double sided adhesive sheet, and stuck it to a piece of card. 

I always work on a bigger piece of card, even if I'm doing an ATC. This gives me a chance to cut bits off if I don't like them. Remove the protective sheet and I've stuck on the die cut. I used the protective sheet to make sure my die is stuck down properly (use the shiney side, so it doesn't stick to your adhesive sheet).


I then covered the adhesive with all shiney stuff. I used glitters, snowy stuff and metal flakes. I worked them into the adhesive and then brushed off the excess. I worked the flakes into adhesive with a sponge. I love this technique.




I cut my card down to make two different looks


Arnt they pretty. One I decorated with a Christmas flower, ribbon and mini fir cones.


The second one I used a pretty butterfly from a sheet I also had knocking about, to give it a different feel:


I inked the edges a little, to blend with my butterfly, added a little bow - and bobs your uncle.





6 comments:

Bev said...

Fab idea just need to remember it x

Messycrafter said...

I've got loads of really lacey die cuts that are a nightmare to stick down - now I know what to do with them. Great idea!

Carol S. said...

Brilliant idea and love the end result. Two gorgeous card and love the butterfly. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Cally said...

I may now have to get back into card crafting after a long break ;0) I have not been idle though. Patchwork and sewing instead.
Hugs x

Tracy Welham said...

These are beautiful! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Anne Chilvers said...

Brilliant ideas, tips and creations....there's a long red die cut border in my craft room waiting to be experimented with ! x